Members / Participants
Medical Regulatory Authorities
|Dr André Jacques (Chair)||Collège des médecins du Québec; retired 2015|
|Dr. Trevor Theman||College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta, retired 2017|
|Dr. William McCauley||College and Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario|
|Dr. Graham Bullock||College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia|
|Dre Andrée Boucher||Association of Faculties of Medicine of Canada|
|Dr. Jeff Blackmer||Canadian Medical Association|
|Dr. Jim Worthington||Association of Canadian Academic Healthcare Organizations|
|TBD||College of Family Physicians of Canada|
|Dr. Douglas Bell||Canadian Medical Protective Association|
|Dr. Ian Bowmer||Medical Council of Canada|
|Dr. André De Champlain||Medical Council of Canada|
|Ms. Fleur-Ange Lefebvre||Executive Director & CEO|
Download the Terms of Reference document in PDF format.
Terms of Reference
– At least four regional representatives from the medical regulatory authorities; the Chair is selected from among these representatives.
– Collaborative network as defined below.
– FMRAC as the secretariat.
(a) To develop a pan-Canadian strategy for physician practice improvement to assist:
- all practising physicians in identifying opportunities for improvement;
- all medical regulatory authorities in identifying physicians who may benefit from focused assessment and enhancement; and
- all stakeholder organizations in identifying their roles and responsibilities in physician practice improvement.(b) To serve as the Standards Subcommittee for the FMRAC Integrated Risk Management System on the core mandate area of Quality Assurance of Medical Practice.
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS:
In order to achieve this, it will be necessary to:
(a) establish a collaborative network with the following organizations through the Working Group membership (in alphabetical order):
1. Association of Canadian Academic Healthcare Organizations (ACAHO)
2. Association of Faculties of Medicine of Canada (AFMC)
3. College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC)
4. Canadian Medical Association (CMA)
5. Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA()
6. Medical Council of Canada (MCC; including a linkage with the ARTF Implementation Committee)
7. Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC)
(b) ensure integration with existing and evolving physician practice improvement processes
(c) consult other stakeholders at relevant milestones in the work plan, including, but not limited to:
1. the public
2. experts in physician assessment
(d) identify and recommend tools and processes for physician practice improvement
(e) take into account the different realities of, and resources available to, the various medical regulatory authorities across the country